Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Oscar Predictions 2014!!!

The Oscars are coming closer (March 2, Sunday) and I have nearly seen all the films that are nominated. So it’s time to share my predictions. Here it comes,

Best Picture
Will Win: 12 Years a Slave (I have many discussions with my husband, he says Dallas Buyers Club.)
May Win: American Hustle
Should Win: Nebraska

Best Director
Will Win: Alfonso Cuaron
May Win: Steve McQueen
Should Win: Alfonso Cuaron

Best Actor in Leading Role
Will Win: Matthew McConaughey
May Win: Leonardo DiCaprio
Should Win: Matthew McConaughey (Actually all of them should win, because they were extremely successful. Moreover Joaquin Phoenix and Tom Hanks should have been nominated too.)

Best Actress in Leading Role
Will Win: Cate Blanchett
May Win: Amy Adams
Should Win: Cate Blanchett (No words can describe how wonderful she was in the film.)

Best Actor in Supporting Role
Will Win: Jared Leto
May Win: Barkhad Abdi
Should Win: Jared Leto (He is the “Mr Nobody” for me, if he gets an Oscar, he deserves every inch of it.)

Best Actress in Supporting Role
Will Win: Lupita Nyang’o
May Win: Jennifer Lawrence
Should Win: Sally Hawkins (My second favourite from “Blue Jasmine”, these two women make the film so good. Woody Allen and his women, what more can I say.)

Best Original Screenplay
Will Win: Her
May Win: Nebraska
Should Win: Her (Even if nowadays there is a discussion going on that Spike Jonze has stolen someone’s script, it was a very original screenplay.)

Best Adapted Screenplay
Will Win: 12 Years a Slave
May Win: Philomena
Should Win: Philomena

Best Foreign Language Film
Will Win: The Great Beauty
May Win: The Hunt
Should Win: The Great Beauty

Best Original Score
Will Win: Her
May Win: Gravity
Should Win: Philomena

Best Original Song
Will Win: Mandela : Long Walk To Freedom
May Win: Her
Should Win: Mandela : Long Walk To Freedom

For the technical nominations I have some predictions but I can not say which film should win, cause I don’t have that knowledge to really question their judgement.

Achievement in Cinematography
Will Win: Gravity
May Win: Nebraska

Achievement in Costume Design
Will Win: The Great Gatsby
May Win: American Hustle

Achievement in Film Editing
Will Win: Gravity
May Win: American Hustle

Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling
Will Win: The Lone Ranger
May Win: Dallas Buyers Club

Achievement in Production Design
Will Win: American Hustle
May Win: 12 Years a Slave

Achievement in Sound Editing
Will Win: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
May Win: Gravity

Achievement in Sound Mixing
Will Win: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
May Win: Gravity

Achievement in Visual Effects
Will Win: The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug
May Win: Gravity

Lastly let’s come to the categories for which I have no idea who will win or who may win but for some of them I have instincts about the winners: Best Documentary (The Act of Killing is the favorite), Best Documentary Short Subject, Best Animated Film (Frozen is the favorite), Best Live Action Short Film and Best Animated Short Film.

On March 2, I will be watching the Oscars ‘live’ with my dear friend. I am sure we will enjoy it a lot and I will keep scores so that I can share with you how many of my predictions will become reality.



Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment